Benefits of HCWA membership
Our website has been designed to provide a snapshot of the ways in which HCWA can help.
Helping accountants grow
HCWA member firms work together in order to share best practice from a technical, training and client communication perspective.
If you're considering membership you could be benefiting from:
- Peer-to-peer support providing both insight and practical advice on Practice Development
- Shared marketing and business development initiatives and forums, providing continually developing support
- Specialist sector advice and benchmarking services
- Marketing material tailored to your firm and targeted at your clients
- One-to-one and group Managing Partner support, focusing on the issues that really matter to you
- Discounts available to members on training and marketing resources, as well as technical facilities and faculty membership
- Access to firms throughout the world through our Crowe Horwath International membership
"At a time when the accountancy profession is facing a changing environment for the provision of the more traditional services and with the introduction of cloud based accounting systems, it has been essential that as a firm, we are leading this change. HCWA and in particular, Mark Perry have lead a collaborative approach for the member firms to ensure we are all well equipped to meet these new challenges which has provided a platform for growth for its members"
Graeme Allan, Anderson Anderson & Brown LLP
"Being part of HCWA is key to our success - as a direct result of our relationships within the association via shared training, experiences, knowledge and support, we grew by 12% in 2014 and continue to do so."
Jonathan Wilson, Barnett & Turner Accountants Ltd
Saving accountants time
HCWA member firms work together to help one another discover, share and implement best practice.
A willingness to share the good, the bad and the, at times, not-so-pleasant realities of running and developing a firm of accountants means our members are able to learn from one another's failures and successes.
If you are thinking of joining HCWA you could be benefiting from:
- Extensive Practice Management benchmarking
- Sector specific surveys focusing on relevant and timely client information
- Award-winning national and international technical support just a phonecall away
- Training courses tailored to your needs rather than a one-size-fits-all approach
- Peer support available through online tools, telephone, forums, conferences and regional meetings.
"The ability to ask questions in a completely open and supportive environment, through the online forum and the regional, specialist and managing partner meetings, saves me time by enabling me to talk to colleagues who are dealing with the same or similar issues that I am facing in managing our practice."
Brian Clerkin, ASM Belfast
"As a Managing Partner I've found the support provided by HCWA, the other member firms and specifically other Managing Partners has enabled me to focus my efforts on making my business more efficient and a better place to work."
Angus McCuaig, Hardie Caldwell LLP
Helping accountants sleep
It can be lonely out there. With increased fee-pressure, burden of compliance, employment legislation and the unique ways in which an accountancy firm operates, it's easy to feel isolated.
HCWA members rest easy while enjoying the following benefits:
- Audit and Tax QARs conducted by peers and specialists in order to check you're performing as you think you should be
- Confidential collaboration on strategy, business and partner development
- The opportunity to sense-check your plans with non-competing peers
- Open and honest exchange of views
- Scope to craft long-standing top-level relationships that can be relied upon when you need them
"We are one of the newer members of HCWA and there was a fair degree of scepticism as to the benefits of membership. Once we joined and embraced the concept, we found the support and experience upon which we could draw to be of huge benefit in so many areas. We believe that HCWA is now an intrinsic part of the way we operate the firm."
Ian Brown, Bulley Davey
Member firm resources
HCWA member firms have instant access to technical, training and business development resources through our extranet. They can plan their year around the forums, workshops, courses, regional meetings and national conferences on offer, but don't need to wait until any of those to access support.
Our ASK system helps members to unlock expertise throughout the association and access the knowledge database created on an ongoing basis.
HCWA is an associate member of Crowe Horwath International. Through this our members can access more than 200 independent accounting and advisory services firms in over 120 countries around the world. The enables our members to deliver global expertise at a local level.
"HCWA members enjoy access to round-the-clock support online. In addition, the genuine peer support is unrivalled. The association is also nimble and new services are continually developed for our members."
Mark Perry, HCWA
Why use an HCWA member firm?
Choosing the right accountancy firm can be tough. If they’re small or independent, can you be sure that they have the depth of knowledge, training and resources to deliver the service you need?
An HCWA firm is one that can help make you money, save you time, provide you with peace of mind and give you access to all the services you need now and in the future. As a client of an HCWA firm, you can rest assured knowing you're dealing with a business that can confidently deliver all of the services you would expect from an accountant, plus some that may surprise you!
HCWA is a growing association and this should reassure you that the resources our members can access really work and help them to deliver what their clients want, when they want it.
To find your nearest HCWA member firm, please use the map, below.
Find your nearest HCWA member
HCWA members are spread throughout the UK. Browse the map below to find out more about each firm...